Friday, October 18, 2013

Parental pain and puzzlement

We put others through a lot of pain and suffering when we walk away from the Lord. We hurt those closest to us because our actions become self centered instead of Christ or other centered. We also hurt those who led us to Christ and taught us how to follow him.

In Galatians 4:19-20 Paul writes

"My children, I am in terrible pain until Christ may be seen living in you. I wish I were with you now. Then I would not have to talk this way. You really have me puzzled. "

Who introduced you to Jesus? They are your spiritual parents. When you walk away from God they feel great pain and sadness. When you continue on in your walk with Jesus, (no matter how bumpy the road) their hearts are filled with parental pride and joy.

Sometimes we break their hearts, and often they feel great pride in us, but always- always they love us. If your spiritual parents could see you right now, how do you think they would feel?

No comments :

Post a Comment